Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Rooted about ?
In the near future, a new kind of weapon that can put an end to civilization as we know it is used in a world-wide war.
Countries have collapsed, and survivors fight over resources—you are one these survivors.
Explore a vast open world that includes a countryside with a forest, hamlets and small villages, and a large city with many resources left over, but be careful in this harsh environment because danger lurks everywhere.
Rooted is about surviving, exploring, salvaging, and building. This unforgettable experience can be done either solo or with friends.
- When is Rooted coming out ?
Rooted is currently in an early stage of development (as of May 2022), and as such, we are still working on the ... roots ... of the game. It is currently too early to give an estimated release date.
Wishlist the game on steam now to support us : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1940080/Rooted/
Follow us on twitter : https://twitter.com/rootedthegame
Or stay informed with announcements made here on discord.
- Will Rooted be releasing on consoles (Xbox/Playstation) ?
- Our priority is getting the game out for PC. However, we would really like to bring Rooted to consoles further down the line.
- What languages Rooted support?
The game is being created in English, and the localization system allows us to offer the game in all languages... BUT! Translation will need to be done. 🙂
We will propose new languages, prioritizing those of the nations that are most seen in the community.
During alpha sessions, the game will only be available in English.
- How much will the game cost?
It is still too early to give a price for the game.
We are focused on development, while also developing our relationships with potential partners who have contacted us. We are currently discussing various topics including pricing with these potential partners.
We need to wait until we have more concrete information about partnerships and financing before we can announce an approximate price.
- Is Rooted PVE or PVP (or Both) ?
- Our priority is PVE in both Solo and Co-Op, and that is what we are going to deliver first. However, since a lot of you are interested in getting a PVP experience, we will add PVP to the game later on.
- When can I play the game?
We plan to launch the game in Early Access in 2024.
If you like to follow and participate in video game development, you can sign up for a chance to participate in the alpha sessions planned for 2023. You can also pledge the game, and depending on the rewards you choose, get Alpha and Beta access.
- How to get the roles on Discord?
If you have pledged the game on Kickstarter or on the website, you have new roles on our Discord server allowing you access to exclusive content.
Please update your Discord ID on your profile page, then wait for our bot gives you the roles. It can take up a few minutes.
What if I lost my roles?
To avoid managing Discord roles manually, we have created a Discord bot that handles this for us. It is linked to our website. So you have to update your Discord ID by connecting to ROOTEDTHEGAME.COM.
- Can I upgrade my pledge?
Yes, you can upgrade your pledges by logging into our website.
IMPORTANT: if you have already pledge on Kickstarter or on the website during the last weeks, you already have an account. Just ask a new password here: https://rootedthegame.com/forgot-password
- If I pledged, do I have to create a new account on the website?
- if you have already pledge on Kickstarter or on the website during the last weeks, you already have an account. Just ask a new password here and find all the previous pledges.
- Until when can I buy or upgrade a package
You can pledge the game until we run out of Steam keys dedicated to crowdfunding.
Once the Alpha sessions are launched, you will still be able to upgrade your pledges, within the limit of the number of Steam keys available.
- How long after ordering will I receive my Steam keys?
The Steam key for Early Access is sent immediately after payment.
You can use it to add your game to the Steam library. As soon as the game is available in Early Access (2024), you can download it.
Steam keys for Alpha will be sent a few days before the sessions, and are linked to the Playtest version of the game on Steam.